Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Final Frontier


The Final Frontier:

A couple take aways I took from the article.
  • Beliefs vary in strength and kind: You can try to convince a teacher to vary or change their belief but some will not budge if it has been been what they have been taught or experienced their whole life. Some teachers may be willing but may fail in an attempt.

  • Incooperating technology in the classroom: If you want to incooperate technology in the classrom to enhance student learning, you have to take into consideration the teacher's beliefs and how everything has been rooted into their classroom.



My whole life I have been trained to use Keynote and other sorts of Apple tools. I have never had any experience with Google Drive before this, but I find it much easier and much simpler. Another part that made the whole proccess of group work simplier was the fact you could share the presentation with your other group members and you could work on it at different locations at the same time. Having the chat right next to the presentation made it really easy to ask questions to my other group members. Also if you saw a grammer error or something that needed fixed on one of your partner's slide you could easily change it. For further presentations I will use Google Drive before Keynote and I recommend that anyone who has not experimented with Google Drive attempt to and see the differences between Google Drive and other tools used for presentations.


I created my presentation with Brittany and Meghan titled, Teachers and Technology. Each of us took a section to focus on, How does technology help teachers in the classroom, How does technology help students, and Technology Hindering teachers. After focusing on each section, our presentation came together very nicely and was not a hassle at all.


3 comments:

  1. Your slideshow did turn out very good and I thought the information was relevant. I also agree with how you explained the way that new teachers adapt or there feelings on technology. Goggle drive is new to me, I have never heard of Keynote but I think that after you saying I should just stick with google drive! I really enjoyed your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also never used Google drive and always used Keynote. I don't know how much I would like doing group work on here. I just don't really like group work :/ I really like your powerpoint though! It is awesome. Very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that you started your post with key points that you took from the reading. These are things that I think we will need to remember as we get into the classroom. We cannot force the older teachers to change if they don't want to. I also think you did a nice job on the powerpoint. I have not gotten to collaborate using Google Drive, but I think it will be interesitng in the future.

    ReplyDelete