Thursday, January 31, 2013

All About Me




Hayley Marie Wagner


My name is Hayley Wagner. I was born and raised in Monclova, Ohio, which is about twenty minutes southwest of Toledo, Ohio. I found Edinboro University through a recruiting visit in Erie, Pennsylvania. Currently I play soccer for Edinboro and plan on playing again in the fall. My best friend that I met here is from Stayner, Canada. Back at home I am employeed at Charlie's Restaurant and have been employed for two and a half years now as a waitress. When you first meet me I am quiet and shy, but once you get to know me I am one of the craziest people you will ever meet. Basically all around where I live is nothing but farmfields, so I love to four wheel, dirt bike, and have bonfires. In other words, I am a big country girl. Coutry music is about the only music I listen to in my truck besides One Direction. My sister is a HUGE fan of One Direction, and she rubbed off on me. I am studying Early Childhood Educaion with a minor in Special Education and plan on coaching soccer one day.

I was inspired to become a teacher when I was real young. There was a program back at my high school that we got to supervise classrooms and teach a few lessons if the acting teacher allowed us to, almost like a student teacher. We took attendance online of the students in the class and also helped the acting teacher put in grades online. The privacy of the student was not revealed because their student number appeard instead of their name. This is one way technolgoy is used in teaching and a way I'd like to use when I am a teacher.

Another form of technology that can be used for teaching but also for learning is power points. Not only can the teacher use them, but the teacher could also have the students make them and then present them to the class for a topic pretaining to what they are learning.

I believe technology is not only good for the students but for the teachers. This is the 21st Century, technology is a major part of the younger generations and can be very suitable for teaching, but teaching is not all about technology. Technology is growing tremendously as stated and shown is the youtube video, so why not have students learn with what is familiar? I believe teaching is all about making sure students are as well prepared for the future as possible.






2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I like country music or one direction, but that's cool that you have a truck! I hope to get my special ed degree from Edinboro as well. Hope you're staying warm up at Edinboro! I'm getting my degree from Edinboro at a community college by my house. my dad used to work in erie and he said the weather is bad up there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you gave a nice overview of who you are in your introduction. I think that it is really cool that you got to teach lessons when you were in High School. This is an experience that I would have loved to have. I also love country music too.

    ReplyDelete